Pictures Slideshow

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Home Study

Well the home study was today, it went really well she was here about three hours, she only spent about 15 minutes looking at the house, and about two and a half hours talking to us at the table. She went through a ton of questions, like how do we discipline, how do we run things in our house on a day to day basis, and what kind of people are we, what are our strengths and our weaknesses. It was crazy, we wrote all this stuff down on paper before, and she was here to actually talk about it with us. I spent so much time on making my house look good, and I cleaned every bit of my house, and that was not really the big focus of her visit today. It was weird, actually, when we left our classes in January, they put so much emphasis on making your house safe, and that was not the big focus today. She did make several comments about how clean my house was, which is a good thing I guess!! I was surprised to hear that she will not have all the paper work done until end of April first of May. She did say that the need for foster care is so great now that they have a rule that you can not have more then two children under the age of two in your home at a time, and caseworkers have been breaking that rule, just to get these kids in a home! How sad is that?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad it went well! They definately didn't prepare you for what today would be about though, did they? So does that mean that you won't be able to start taking kids until all of the paperwork is done? If there is such a need, why are they so dang slow at getting you through the process?

Melissa said...

I'm so glad everything went well. Cute blog!

The Waldrons said...

I was talking to my neighbors who have done foster care today and he said the same thing, that most of the visit was about talking and asking a ton of questions. I guess in a way that is good. Then they can get to know your personalities and what a wonderful family you guys are. I know that you are anxious, but know that it will happen. Just try to hold on a little bit longer. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Love ya
Angie

Quela said...

Good to hear things went well. And hey, at least you had something to motivate you to clean every little bit of your house. I wish my house was that clean. Good luck, I hope to hear of some new arrivals coming soon.

Grandma Tubbs said...

I have read all your comments, stories, and insights. I am waiting for more information. Tell Mark to put pictures on from the dance competition.